Minutes Business Meeting March 20, 2018
Minutes for March 2018 Business Meeting
Charity selection for 2018
At the March 20th we will be voting and ranking the top six charities chosen at our February meeting: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, San Diego Chapter, Boys to Men Mentoring Network, Horses of Tir Na Nog, San Diego Brain Tumor Foundation, The Seany Foundation, and Us4Warriors.
This is process for voting at the March 20 meeting;
- The 6 charities will make brief oral presentations (10 min) to the members in good standing who attend in person. There will be no time for Q&A.
- Each of these members will vote for one charity. SDPHC will select the charities by the number of votes each receives.
- In the case of any ties, members will vote on the tied charities for the specific rank. It will be the same process of one vote per member.
- The charities will receive funds based upon the number of votes they receive:
- 1st & 2nd place: split the Anniversary Party proceeds
- 3rd place: Pub Crawl proceeds
- 4th place: November Happy hour proceeds
- 5th and 6th place: receive money from SDPHC (TBD events)
You must be a current member as of 12/31/17.
You MUST be present to vote. We do not accept absentee ballots for any reason. one vote per member.
To be eligible to vote for a charity in 2018, you must be a member in good standing by December 31, 2017
· 6: 00-6:10 PM-American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, San Diego Chapter
· 6:15-6:25 PM-Boys to Men Mentoring Network, Inc.
· 6:30-6:40 PM-Horses of Tir Na Nog
· 6:45-6:55-PM-San Diego Brain Tumor Foundation
· 7:00-7:10 PM-Seany Foundation
· 7:15-7:25 Us4 Warriors
San Diego Brain Tumor Foundation and Seany Foundation
Horses of Tir Na Nog
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, SD Chapter
Boys to Men Mentoring Network, INC
Proposal to amend SDPH Bylaws: ARTICLE IV‑CHAPTER OFFICERS, EXECUTIVE BOARD AND ELECTIONS; Sections C. EXECUTIVE BOARD, and D. RESPONSIBILITIES OF ELECTED OFFICERS;
Section C, first sentence
Change number of Members At Large from 3 to 4
Change Section D by adding the following language at the end of the section
6 . Member at large Responsible for Fund Raising
a. Participate in all Executive Board decisions
b. Serve as liaison between members and the Executive Board
c. This specific Member At Large will have responsibility for All charitable donations and other charity related activities as designated by the BOD, e.g. Anniversary Party Silent Auction and other duties as designated by the President and the Executive Board
Approved by the general membership. Position will be filled at the April Elections.
Saturday April 7 Iron Man Triathlon Oceanside-Chuck/Gail
Please contact Gail Folsom email@example.com
Tuesday April 17, Business meeting and Club Elections-Bob
Saturday April 21 Pub Crawl, reservations open and beginning to fill up-Janice, Amanda, Bob
Tuesday May 15 Business meeting
Sunday June 3 Rock and Roll Marathon-Chuck/Sue
Contact Chuck Butler firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday June 10, July 10 Business Meeeting
Weekend of July 14/15 and 21/22 OMBAC Over The Line Tournement-Bob
We will have our own private compound and will be sponsoring teams. Contact Gail by the April meeting if you are interested in participating on a team.
Tuesday August 14 Business meeting
Saturday September 8 Elkaritaville Gail
Tuesday September 18 Business meeting
Thursday through Saturday September 27-29 SDPHC Anniversary Party Fund Raiser-all
Donations Gift card basket
Members do a themed basket
House Concerts/Other Concerts
Saturday March 24, Berkley Hart Casa Tortuga
April 29, Claude Bourbon Casa Tortuga doors open at 1 PM
May 12, John Reno Casa Tortuga doors open at 1 PM
Outside Events see web sites for details
PHINS To the WestJune 7 - 9. Mesquite NV-registration open Prices increase April 1
Meeting of the Minds October 31, 2018 to Sunday November 4 Key West, registration open
San Felipe aka Meeting of the mind less November 8-9
Nov 16 Happy Hour
Dec 9 Holiday Party at Tio Leos, featuring Stars on the Water
Our meetings are held at Desi's Bar & Grillin Point Loma (across from Liberty Station). All members are welcome and encouraged to attend.